Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute

English | Français
Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter


Facebook

Faculty Training and Internationalization Program (FTI) 2016-17 (CLOSED)

Shastri Indo Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a Call for Applications for Faculty Training and Internationalization program (FTI) 2016-17 from the faculty members/academics of all disciplines from SICI’s Canadian and Indian Member Institutions. This program aims at capacity building of the faculty members as well as internationalization of curriculum/teaching methodologies in the participating institutions. For a current list of member institutions please click here: (http://www.sici.org/about/members/).

The FTI grant will allow the Canadian and Indian faculty members to travel to universities of alternate countries upon invitation to work on receiving/delivering capacity building training on areas, such as: teaching-learning pedagogy, course or curriculum development or any other areas identified by the host institutions. The duration for such faculty mobility would between 4-6 weeks. This is a quality enhancement program geared towards capacity building of institutions and faculty members.

The FTI grant recipients will be affiliated as visiting faculty members in the host universities, colleges and or research institutions in India and Canada, and will (i) teach courses (individually or in a group), or (ii) offer a series of lectures, workshops, training sessions or (iii) develop/work on curriculums/teaching methodologies as part of a course or on topic of interest at the host institution.

Value:

CAD$5,000
The grant includes a round-trip economy class airfare from the city of residence in Canada/India to the city of affiliated institutions in India or Canada and a monthly stipend as per the travel policy of the Institute.

Number of Awards:

6 (six)

Duration:

FTI project implementation period starts from 15 November 2016 and ends on 30 September 2017.

Eligibility:

• The applicant should be a full-time faculty member of a Canadian or Indian member institution;
• The Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or India.
• A letter of invitation from the host institution is required.

Application Requirements:

• Please submit your completed electronic application along with all required documents to (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) by 4:30pm (MST).
• Please mention: Application for Faculty Training and Internationalization program 2016-17 on the subject line of your email
• Applications sent to a different email address will not be considered
• Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.

Please note that the Institute takes no responsibility for missing applications materials in mail, by post, electronic or via courier.

Acceptable Expenses:

Upon confirmation re receipt of a SICI FTI grant, if requested by the recipient, eligible program expenses will be accepted with effect from 1st August 2016.

Disbursement of Funds:

Subject to availability of funding, 75% of the project grant will be disbursed upon signing of letter of agreement between SICI and recipient’s institution and remaining 25% to be released upon submission and approval of a final report to SICI by the recipient.

Application Deadline:

15 October 2016 (Closed)

Application Form:

FTI_Applicationform_2016-17.doc

FTI_Need_Impact_Assessment_Form_2016-17.doc

Report Form:

Narrative Report form: FTI_2016-17_Final_Report.doc
Financial Report Form: Shastri_Grant_Reporting_Form.xls

Contact:

For more information, please email Mahmuda at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Mahmuda Aldeen
Program and Member Relations Officer
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
Education Tower 1402
2500 University Dr NW
Calgary AB T2N 1N4
Phone: (403) 220-3220 (work)

Print this page
Listening To Locals So They Can Be Heard
Listening To Locals So They Can Be Heard

He has lost count of the number of times he has been to India, but Dr. John Sinclair is under no illusions about the value of those trips. Continue...

More Profiles